Group training packages are available. Group sessions are being offered on a regular basis, keep your eye on our website for upcoming sessions
- You and your dog will learn how to remain focused around other people and unfamiliar dogs
- Verbal and hand signals will be applied
- Controlled walking and walking on a loose leash
- Starting the training process for reliable recalls
- Basic training to Intermediate
“On Location” Group Sessions coming soon!
$275 for 5 weeks.
Personalized In-Home Training
Six, Eight, & Twelve week packages are available. 6 week packages options are Basic, Intermediate & Advanced Training. It will be paid in full once the free evaluation session is completed.
- Includes a free evaluation
- Personalized training in the comfort of your home and neighborhood
- Allows your dog to learn easy and quick housebreaking rules
- Any Behaviors or bad habits can be addressed where they are happening
- The entire family will be able to learn the skills necessary to stop unwanted behavior, including the children learning dog safety
- Addressing problematic behaviors like fear, reactiveness, separation anxiety, reactivity, and barking
6 Week Basic Obedience Package – Starting at $400
- 1 in-home session (additional if needed)
- 3-4 private sessions at the HSSLC shelter
- 1 group session for socialization held at the HSSLC shelter
8 – 12 Week Packages – Starting at $545 (recommended for Behavior Adjustment Training-but not limited to 8 weeks)
In most cases BAT sessions are held at the HSSLC location. In some cases 1 in home may be needed for which will be determined by the behaviorist on staff during the evaluation.
*Session locations may vary as you and your dog progress through the training process.
- Single Training Sessions Starting at $45.00
- Maintenance Packages also available, customized to your dog, recommended for dog’s with behavior/reaction issues* – Fee’s discussed when custom package is created
- Therapy dog preparation classes – Starting at $40.00 per session.
- Service Dog preparation training includes basic, intermediate & advanced obedience – starting at $65.00 per session or a package can be purchased
- We specialize in Behavior Adjustment training for dogs who are leash reactive towards human’s or other canines, so don’t give up on your dog, we are here to help!
Is your dog a good citizen of our community? Test it!
AKC’s Canine Good Citizen (CGC) Program is a certification program that is designed to reward dogs who have good manners at home and in the community. It is a 10-part test:
About Our Trainer
CDTI & Animal Behaviorist
Our goal is to create trust, respect, and harmony between you and your dog. We teach you how to effectively communicate with your dog.
Cindy Riesgo, owner of KKsK9 training, is the shelter manager and trainer/behaviorist at the Humane Society of St. Lucie County and provides obedience training of all breeds and ages. Our trainers offer a combined experience of 27 years. Working with Cindy and her team you will have access to the most up to date and skilled dog trainers in Florida and Georgia.
We specialize in:
- Positive Reinforcement Training
- Behavior Modification
- Puppy Training/ Socialization
- Therapy Dog Training & Evaluation
- Service Dog Preparation Obedience Training
- Partnered with an Animal Behaviorist for Reactiveness Issues
The Humane Society offers you a wide variety of services to help you and your dog achieve a happy and well balanced relationship with each other. We specialize in canine behavior from puppy education, obedience to behavior modification.
We work with you, so you feel involved in your dog’s learning and success and a positive relationship is created. We are committed to help you better understand your dog and resolve any issues you may be struggling with.
- Training will be fun for you and your dog.
- We design a training program that fits your family’s needs and lifestyle.
- We are committed to continuing education to ensure the best practices. Our affiliation with The Association of Professional Dog Trainers allows us to tap in the expertise of many of the leading trainers in the field.
Our goal is to help create trust, respect and harmony between you and your dog. We teach you how to effectively communicate with your dog and we provide real situations during the training process.
All dogs are different which is why we customize our training sessions to the individual dog and its owner. Together we will help your dog become a happy well-balanced dog your entire family will enjoy.