Keep Your Pet Cool In The Hot Florida Summer Heat
It’s just about summer and that means hot Florida sun! Limit your pets time outside on a hot day, provide lots of shade and water, and watch out for signs of heatstroke. Here are ways to keep your pet safe and cool during summer.
Be responsible and protect your pet with these methods as stated by The Humane Society of The United States:
- Never keep your pets locked in a parked car – not even for a minute! The Florida heat is brutal, even on a not so hot day, temperatures in a vehicle rise quickly.
- Keep humidity in mind – if the humidity is too high, they are unable to cool themselves and their temperature can increase to dangerous levels.
- Provide shaded areas for your pet. If going on a walk with your dog, taking breaks and letting your dog lay in the shade is a great way for them to cool off. Or if you’re relaxing in the backyard and don’t have a covered patio, this Elevated Cooling Dog Bed is a wonderful solution to keep your pet cool!
- Keep your pets hydrated. A great tip when walking your pup is to always carry a portable water bowl around – like this one from Rest-Eazzzy is a great choice!
- Watch out for signs of heatstroke such as glazed eyes, a rapid heartbeat, difficulty breathing, excessive thirst, lethargy, fever, dizziness. Take your pet your closest animal ER if they experience any of these symptoms.
AmazonSmile is a simple way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When shopping for your everyday items from AmazonSmile, Amazon will donate 0.5% of the purchase price to the charitable organization of your choice. So please choose the Humane Society of St. Lucie County! Click on the images below for a step-by-step process on how to donate to our shelter at no cost to you.