Featured Pet of the Month
A Timid, Laidback Guy
Hi everyone! My name is Bear. I am an American Staffordshire, Terrier Mix and only 1-2 years old. I have spent the last 5 months with my friends here at the Humane Society of St. Lucie County. I would really love to find my furever home soon! The other dogs kind of intimidate me so living in an animal shelter makes me very stressed and depressed. I can’t wait to find my best friend and be in a calmer environment. Make sure to come to the shelter ask to meet me outside of my kennel, Bear, this month’s pet of the month!
Fun Facts About Me:
- I will sit and lay down on command.
- I am very sweet and love people!
- I love long walks and lounging in the pool.
- The kennel makes me anxious, so don’t judge me before meeting me in the play yard.
- I am neutered, microchipped, up to date on all of my shots, and heartworm negative.
- I want all of the attention so I would prefer to be the only dog in a home.
- Cats don’t seem to like me so I would prefer a feline-free home.
- I am a VIP dog at the Humane Society of St. Lucie County. Wondering what that means? It means that my shelter family cares about me so much that they want to do everything possible to help my transition to my new family be the best possible experience. I have free group training FOR LIFE with my friend Cindy, a certified dog trainer & behaviorist! She will even come to my new home and help my new best friend with training to help acclimate me to my new home.